2021 Award Recipients - Doug Swenson (SRI) and Raymond G. "Butch" Ames (Lifetime Achievement)
Since 1995, AGC of Minnesota has recognized Minnesota construction industry leaders through the presentation of two individual awards. The Skill-Responsibility-Integrity (SRI) Award is given to those who have consistently demonstrated these core AGC values throughout their careers. Lifetime Achievement Awards have been presented to exceptional individuals whose careers have been distinguished by outstanding leadership, extensive industry knowledge, and a strong commitment to enhancing the future of the industry.
Click here for a list of previous award winners.
Guiding criteria for nomination
A nominee does not need to meet ALL of the following criteria, but these should guide nominators as they consider who to nominate for either the Lifetime Achievement or Skill-Responsibility-Integrity (SRI) Award.
- Nominee has 25 or more years of experience in the construction industry or related field
- Nominee has been an active and identifiable presence with AGC of MN and our members.
- Nominee has served the AGC membership by participating and volunteering (e.g. chaired a standing committee, served on the Board of Directors, led or participated in an important industry initiative, etc.)
- Nominee has given to the AGC of MN (and/or AGCA) political action committee(s) (PAC) or has financially supported the AGC of MN Foundation for construction education scholarships
- Nominee has regularly participated in AGC events
- Nominee is an identifiable individual who has consistently supported the MN construction industry and has worked to develop a construction related business and personnel
- Nominee has been a champion of women and diverse persons (and businesses) being engaged in the construction industry
- Nominee embodies the AGC creed of Skill, Responsibility, and Integrity
Deadline for Nomination Submissions: Monday, September 5.