AGC of Minnesota seeks to honor a diverse business that is committed to achieving business success in the construction industry. The Diverse Business of the Year Award is geared toward general or specialty contractors that hold a certification recognized by a certifying agency (e.g., MNUCP or MnDOT).
The Diverse Business of the Year Award winner will be able to demonstrate strong vision and leadership in overcoming obstacles that lead to business results; a reputation for professionalism and integrity in work standards and performance; and a commitment to service in their community.
If you have any questions about the awards or this application form, please contact Ana Lowery (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Yolanda McIntosh (email@example.com).
Diverse Business of the Year Award Criteria
- Consistent Growth
- Vision and Potential for long-term success
- Business Culture and Values
- Response to adversity or obstacles
- Contributions to the Community
- AGC Involvement
Guidelines for Submittal
- All applications must be completed by 11:59 p.m. on Friday, October 21, 2022
- All applicants must be in good standing with AGC of Minnesota for at least one year.
- Submissions may cover one, some, or all aspects of diversity, including but not limited to: age, ability, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, race, and religion.
- Submissions must relate to activities or initiatives conducted in the last twelve months.
Frequently Asked Questions
How are the entries judged?
Entries will be judged by the AGC of Minnesota Diversity & Inclusion Judging Committee, based on the information provided in the application. Judges are non-members who are business owners, or work in educational institutions, government entities, and community-based organizations that work in tandem with the construction industry.
When and where will the awards be presented?
Awards will be presented at the Minnesota Construction Summit (January 17-18, 2023 | St. Paul RiverCentre).