Building Jobs Coalition: We Build Economies
The Building Jobs Coalition was founded in 2008 in response to the Great Recession’s widespread and devastating impact across all sectors in the building/construction industry.
Made up of leaders representing labor, contractors, architects and engineers, the Building Jobs Coalition continues to advocate for policies that support sustainable careers in the design and construction of commercial, industrial, residential and institutional projects.
Why Are Capital Investment Bills Important?
Click the image below for a quick overview.
Legislative Policy Priorities
Click the image below for a brochure outlining the legislative policy priorities of the Building Jobs Coalition.
Even though the economy has improved since the recession, a skilled workforce shortage continues. The design and construction industries are responding through investment in advanced technologies that increase worker efficiencies and productivity.
Members of the BJC have revved up their organizations’ recruitment, training and retraining efforts. Design and construction firms along with their partners in the trades employ strategic, managed capacity of workers in project planning to ensure when one project or phase of a project is completed, workers can be shifted to the next.
CEO, Associated General Contractors of Minnesota
Minnesota Building and Construction Trades Council
Mary Margaret Zindren
Executive Vice President, American Institute of Architects Minnesota
- American Council of Engineering Companies of Minnesota
- American Institute of Architects Minnesota
- Associated General Contractors of Minnesota
- Association of Women Contractors
- Builders Association of Minnesota
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local 292
- LIUNA Minnesota and North Dakota
- Minnesota Building and Construction Trades Council
- Minnesota Electrical Association
- Minnesota Historical Society
- Minnesota Mechanical Contractors Association
- Minnesota Pipe Trades Association
- Minnesota Subcontractors Association
- Operating Engineers Local 49
- Rethos: Places Reimagined
- Sheet Metal, Air Conditioning & Roofing Contractors Association
- The Minnesota Transportation Alliance